Thursday 17 April 2008

Sunday Life









This Sunday at 10am a new weekly religious programme begins on BBC1. "Sunday Life" is presented by Louise Minchin and former Olympic athlete Colin Jackson.

It aims to profile inspiring personal stories and provide thought-provoking discussion. On this first show Gill Hicks, who lost both legs in the 7/7 bombings, launches a walk for peace. Plus, actress Georgia Slowe, whose mother had a miraculous escape from the Nazis, visits Auschwitz with British schoolchildren.

Future programmes will feature Arthur White from Tough Talk and St Pixels virtual church.

My PVR is set to record the whole series. No idea whether it will be worth watching, but I do want to know what is being broadcast and how it might impact public perceptions of religion. I'm not religious myself, as they say, but still.

If you have any inspiring or perhaps quirky stories let me know. I'll suggest them to the programme makers.

No comments: